I believe that strength comes from within, and that we all have the ability to change given the right conditions and motivation. Reflection and a better understanding of ourselves in relation to others, are essential tools in making changes however small or large.
Everyone is unique and I work on the principle that "you are the expert on you " but at times of distress or difficulty, you may lose sight of this. This is where counselling can help you to acheive a more positive outlook and a greater understanding.
I will help and encourage you to explore difficult issues and problems in a supportive, safe, non-judgemntal and confidential environment.
As well as running my private practice I work as a mentor for Surrey County Council supporting young people with a wide range of difficulties and challenges.
I have also worked in:
- The Financial Services sector for 15 years developing and counselling management at all levels.
- I have supported and assisted staff during, and at risk of, redundancy and grievance procedures.
- I have been involved with recruitment and redundancy in both the Private and Public Sector.
- Due to my business background I have an understanding of the pressure and stresses of working in these types of environment.
- I have been involved on a voluntary basis for a Surrey mentoring programme aiding troubled teenagers transitioning to adulthood.
- I have volunteered on a 24hr support line for men and women experiencing domestic violence.
- In addition to my counselling practice I haved worked for over 7 years in the public sector assisting families with special needs.
Foundation Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Integrative) Greenwich University.
Certificate in Clinical Supervision - British Psychological Society
CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
CPCAB Level 1 Introduction to Counselling
I have an enhanced DBS check carried out as part of my safeguarding requirements.
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I am focused on my personal and professional development and have carried out additional training in a number of areas such as:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Working with Aspergers
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Attachment and Wellbeing
- Eating Disorders
- Systemic Working with Genograms and Family Systems
- Working with Anger
- Rape and Sexual Abuse